2004 Papaya Jam Recipe Contest Winner
Submitted by Palani Emeliano
Makes approximately 10 servings
- 8 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups purple onions, diced
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 large limes, cut in halves
- 3 cups ripe papaya, diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except limes in a bowl and fold gently.
- Squeeze lime juice into mixture.
- Serve with Tostitos White Corn Chips.
* For spicy flavor, add 3 Mezzetta Hot Chili Peppers, finely chopped.